Tuesday, January 16, 2007

*Now* I've done it....

I have signed up for the Sweater A Month KAL. This will help motivate me to finish up some languishing projects. I can think of at least four adult-sized sweaters I have started, but not finished. At least one of them was started when I was working on my Master's degree, TEN YEARS AGO! eek!

Here are my sweaters, in various stages of progress:
1. Freedom Sweater from Amazing Threads (at least 4 years old). Needs sleeves knit onto it.
2. Green ski sweater--Reynolds pattern. Probably 8 years old.
3. Green cotton polo sweater. Needs to be sewn together and put in a zipper.
4. Orange tank. May need to be ripped out. I think my gauge was off. I'm in denial on this one. Technically, I believe it is a wee bit too small.
5. Sock yarn baby sweater. I think it needs a collar, cuffs and to be sewed up. It was intended for my niece at her birth. Said niece is now 3 1/2 years old.
6. Purple vest. I haven't a clue how far along this one is. I think I was halfway up the back. It's at least 8 years old.
7. Black and white Starmore sweater. Intended as a birthday present for my sister. Probably ten years old. It was beyond my abilities at the time, so I put it aside and knit her a different sweater instead. I could realistically get it done by Christmas 2008, if I kept working on it.
8. "Blueberry" sweater. Knit in a yarn called Drop Dead Gorgeous. Pullover from the bottom up, in the round. I have divided for the armholes and am working on the first sleeve now. I am making up the numbers as I go, modifying an existing pattern to fit the gauge.
9. Blue pullover. Berrocco pattern named Mary Jane(?). I can't remember what the yarn is, but I know it's not the yarn called for in the pattern. I did manage to get gauge, so it doesn't really matter. I think the back is done. I'm not even sure where this one is at the moment.

So those are the UFOs in the sweater department. At least the ones I can recall right now. To bring me up to an even dozen sweaters, I can choose from the raglan cabled sweater kit, the angora sweater kit, the flower jacket sweater kit, the Lopi sweater, the green cabled sweater and the homespun cable vest. I have the yarn and pattern for each of those. I have several additional sweaters worth of yarn, but haven't figured out what pattern to go with it yet. Lest that be a stumbling block to this whole adventure, I'll stick with the projects where yarn *and* pattern are in hand.

Now the trick will be to FIND these various projects. As you can see from the picture in my last post, my knitting room is a wee bit disorganized. I could say that it's very organized since everything is in a box or bin, I suppose. Actually, the current state of the room is even worse than in the picture. I cleaned out my computer room by moving extra boxes into my studio. Right now the empty floor space measures about 16 square feet. I'll weed out the computer junk boxes this weekend with the help of a geek friend. I really don't think I need an assortment of external modems (probably 56K modems, at that) or Zip drives.

My plan is to start out small. With the baby sweater. I can manage that by the end of January. Then I'll see about maybe seaming up that polo sweater. I'll post pictures as soon as I can find the projects.

No comments: