Friday, April 11, 2008

Slippin' Stripin' Socks

The third round of Sock Madness has begun. I wound the balls last night. Of course, about the time I got the first ball wound I read the instructions and discovered that I needed to be able to knit with both ends of the ball. So I re-wound the first ball into a center pull ball. Oops! The green yarn (it really is greener than it looks against the blue background) is KnitPicks Shadow in Lost Lake. The white yarn is the merino handspun.

All I need to do now is figure out which color to call the "main" color and cast on!! I even have an entire weekend available for knitting! I got all my errands done on my afternoon off yesterday. Tonight I'm watching Charlton Heston at his best in Ben-Hur. Tomorrow I'll watch at least some of the Deadliest Catch marathon on the Discovery Channel, perhaps taking a break to clean the carburetor on my tiller. The weather is expected to be cold and it rained *hard* last night and this morning, so yard work is not an option/distractor. I might well get a pair of socks knit in one weekend!!

Since I'm officially out of the competition, I am going to modify the pattern somewhat. I'm not a big fan of K1, P1 ribbing. I think it looks sloppy, at least when I do it. The knit stitches are often very uneven. I'll sub K2, P2 or K3, P1 instead.

1 comment:

~RaenWa~ said...

I will throw in my 2 cents & pick green as the main color..I love watching The Deadliest Catch.. The weather here was nice it hit 80 today only for it to turn around and rain sun and mon and maybe snow on Tues