Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Knitting Plans

I have once again lost my mind, though at least this time I'm doing it well in advance. Last Christmas, the pink fluffy hat and Spider-Man hat for my niece and nephew were very well-received. I came across this pattern the other day and decided I really needed to make this sweater for my niece and nephew. It's a straight-forward pullover with some cabling and a stripe at the neck, hem and cuffs. My sister helped me pick out the colors. It'll be in dark green with cream and blue for nephew and pink with cream and blue for niece. I should cast on for them soon. I'll be knitting at a larger gauge than the pattern calls for, so some serious swatching is in order.

Boy Sock Progress:
I am halfway through sock number one. I started the heel flap. Haven't touched it in two days. The evenings seem to be getting away from me. About the time that I am ready to get some knitting done, it's actually time to go to bed. Of course, by that time, I'm also probably too tired to knit without mistakes.

1 comment:

Umme Yusuf said...

Can't wait to see how theses sweaters come along. Thanks for liking the pattern. And thaks for your offer, I would love to have some wool!