Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Fiber Lull Continues

It's not lack of interest, just lack of time. I don't like sitting still when I have so many other things to do. The list of just yard work is short--flower beds and a garden to weed and water, lawn to mow--but time consuming. If you add in house and pool maintenance, cooking, cleaning and running the Fiber Arts Bloggers blog ring, the end result is very little time to sit and knit. When I do find myself with time to sit and relax, I usually don't feel like knitting. I either read or figure out what I need to do next. With that said, I did get the heel turned on the boy sock, but that's it. I would like to get the first sock finished by the middle of July, but I don't know if I'll be able to manage that. I could add it to my To-Do list, but the list is already on the verge of being unmanageable.

Perhaps when things settle down in the yard, I'll have more to report. Maybe if I get a jump on the yard work, I will be able to spend some time hanging out in the pool and practice knitting while I float. Now I'm off to weed the flowers!

No comments: