After tracking down a size 4 bamboo circular, I swatched for the Printed Silk Cardi and got exactly the same pre-washing gauge as I got with the size 5 metal needle. However, once the swatch was washed and dried per label care instructions, the size four swatch came out exactly on gauge. I'll cast on the body of the sweater in a little bit. I'll knit the body in the round up to the arm holes, then divide into fronts and back. That way I can avoid having to sew up the thing and also avoid the procrastination that goes along with having to sew up a sweater.
I have finished the second pair of Wendy Johnson's Serpentine Socks for my Sis. These are made out of Mirasol Hacho. All that's left is running in the ends and getting them in the mail.
The pair of Serpentine Socks I started for myself out of Socks That Rock Mediumweight have stalled out. I finished the first sock, but now am wondering if the leg is too short. I haven't come to a conclusion on that yet. I'm reluctant to rip out the cuff and add another repeat, but if it's too short, it's too short. So starting the second sock is on hold until I get that decided.
In the meantime, I've cast on for another Wendy Johnson toe-up sock. This time it's the Ribbed Ribbons socks from Socks from the Toe Up. I'm knitting them in Verve by the Unique Sheep. The colorway I have is called Lights. It reminds me of Christmas lights.
Other socks for me will be coming soon. I just discovered a second pair of cotton-blend handknit socks with major holes in the heel. Too big to actually repair and I'm not sure how badly I want to rip back to the heel and re-knit. These are socks which are easily 6 years old, so it's not like they haven't had a good long life. I've got at least five more pair of unknit cotton blend socks in my sock yarn stash.