Saturday, June 20, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I finished up two pair of socks last week--got the ends run in on Drogon (they had been sitting for a couple of weeks) and finished re-knitting the foot of what I affectionately refer to as Froot Loop socks.  I initially knit the Froot Loops back in 2004 or 2005, but blew out the heel of one in 2014 and decided to rip back to fix it.  In looking at the original sock, the heel of it will need to be darned soon. Here's hoping I don't end up blowing out the 2nd heel the first time I wear these.


Now I'm trying to decide if I should keep going on my finishing kick or start something new.  I did just get the June installment of the Paradise Fibers Yarn Club.  There's a lovely skein of MJ Yarns Silken DK Weight in a stunning blue colorway named Cerulean Twilight.  The pattern they shipped with it is Aegaea from Little Nutmeg Productions, which would make a scarf suitable for wearing to the office with a blouse.(I'm slowly deciding that my new work wardrobe will feature scarves, rather than necklaces as an accessory.)

In the finishing queue, I have a pair of Lacy Arrow-Patterned socks in well-aged red Nylamb.  I started these in 2000 when my knitting was slow and tentative and I considered size 1 needles to be teeny tiny.  The yarn is an intense blue-red.   I also still have the two plain stockinette socks underway.  My Full Moon Mystery Shawl is patiently waiting in the middle of Clue 1.  It is another stunning design from Bad Cat Designs.  I don't know that I'd have the nerve to try one of Andrea's designs if it hadn't been a Mystery Knit-Along.  It's a lot less intimidating to only get a small piece at a time.

No comments: