I managed to finish a pair of basic ribbed socks that have been on the needles for a while. I ended up initially with two different foot lengths, but managed to get that sorted out. These are a bit more snug than I normally like around the foot, but they should wear well. They are most definitely fraternal twins. The yarn is some well aged Patons Kroy FX.
Because I'm not nearly busy enough, I decided to knit a co-worker a baby sweater. The baby is due May 15th. Fortunately a Baby Yoda sweater doesn't take long and I have some travel time coming up. Of course, if I keep starting, frogging and re-starting I'll never finish it. I think I'm finally set on the fourth start.
Once the baby sweater is out of the way, the next WIP that I'll hammer away on will be the All of My Ducks in a Row socks.
Or I might pick up Randiriel again.
Saturday, April 18, 2015
I didn't let the sweater size thing derail me too long. I thought about it for a week, then cast on again with a larger needle and a slightly larger size. After knitting up the ribbing again, I also decided that the ribbing pulled in too much for the bottom band, so cast on the full body count of stitches. I think it will hang much better now.
Spent the past week on travel and got past the heel on my Girl on Fire second sock. I got in a good bit of knitting at the hotel and in the airport. I thought I might get farther, but I got tired and decided setting it aside was better than goofing it up.
I started a new plain stockinette sock since I couldn't find the old one and I needed mindless knitting. This one is also a Sockotta cotton blend in a tan/green/blue self-striping color.