Saturday, April 18, 2015

Back in the Saddle


I didn't let the sweater size thing derail me too long. I thought about it for a week, then cast on again with a larger needle and a slightly larger size.  After knitting up the ribbing again, I also decided that the ribbing pulled in too much for the bottom band, so cast on the full body count of stitches.  I think it will hang much better now.

Spent the past week on travel and got past the heel on my Girl on Fire second sock.  I got in a good bit of knitting at the hotel and in the airport. I thought I might get farther, but I got tired and decided setting it aside was better than goofing it up.

I started a new plain stockinette sock since I couldn't find the old one and I needed mindless knitting. This one is also a Sockotta cotton blend in a tan/green/blue self-striping color.

Ordinarily I find myself having startitis.  I'm actually getting agitated because I can't get things finished fast enough.  The next couple weeks and weekends ought to provide me with some knitting time so perhaps I can get the almost finished socks knocked out pretty quickly.

No comments: