Friday, August 01, 2008

Fawkes Nearly FInished!

I'm about 1 pattern repeat from finishing the cuff. I could very well have a finished pair of socks by the end of the weekend. Then I'll seriously consider ripping back the first sock to re-do the heel. For the first sock I followed the pattern directions, which put all the shaping of the heel underneath the heel, rather than along the sides of the heel. I think this would be a fine plan, if this particular heel didn't pull funny at the end of the shaping area and look like it will wear badly. I really won't want to rip out half a sock, but I want to be mending socks even less than I want to re-knit. I still think I could get a finished pair of socks this weekend.

And then I'll kick the Errold's Grove Shawl into high gear.

Oh, the first Boy Sock is finished. I'm packing it up and shipping it off to the Boy for a fitting. I don't mind re-knitting things if they don't fit well, but I want to have some idea of how well the first sock fits before I knit the second one. Boy is terribly excited that he's going to have his very own socks and keeps asking if his sock is there yet. *sigh*

1 comment:

~RaenWa~ said...

LOL can't wait to see the shawl.Never knew a man could get so excited over socks lol