Friday, January 02, 2015

2014 Year in Review and 2015 New Starts

Another year has drawn to a close and I decided to share what I've knit in the past year.

Ravelry says I've finished nine projects:
  • Wendy Johnson's Shetland Pi Shawl. Knit in Misti Alpaca Lace Handpaint.


     
  • Ganseys for my niece and nephew. These were original designs using the templates and design guidance in Knitting Ganseys. Sadly, my nephew's sweater only fit him for about 15 minutes. Oh well. Maybe they'll get donated to someone else.

  •  Plain stockinette socks in a lovely striped cotton blend yarn. I wasn't sure there would be enough in the skein for a full sock so I made contrasting toes.  While knitting these, I realized that I hadn't previously made a plain stockinette sock.

      • Pomatomus sock in a buttery yellow Shibui Knits Staccato.

      • Spock Socks in SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Fine, color blood orange. These are part of the 2013 Cookie A Sock Club.

      • Newton Socks by Cookie A in Indigodragonfly MerGoat Sock. Color E Plurbus Nom Nom Nom. These were part of the 2013 Cookie A Sock Club.

      • Beaded Rib Socks (my own pattern) in Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool Quarters, color Huckleberry. It's my go-to generic pattern that works well when coupled with Mountain Colors yarns.


      No significant spinning projects completed, other than finishing up the red/yellow/blue roving I blogged about previously. I still haven't decided what the yarn might become.


      Looking Forward to 2015

      I'll start 2015 with my customary frogging of the projects that didn't work out in 2014 or were otherwise abandoned. This includes the Morehouse Merino Laceweight Cardigan that turned out large enough for me and a friend (if the friend had very long arms), a Baby Sophisticate cardigan with not enough yarn, 

      There is a 15 in 2015 knitalong being organized by HaldeCraft and String Theory Colorworks.
      The idea is to start and finish 15 projects weighing at least 50 grams during the year.  Any yarn (or spinning fiber).  Any pattern. This won't help me finish any of the currently underway projects but it might light a fire under any new things. I have already started Drogon by Cookie A in Skinny Bugga, color Tyrian Mollusk.  I could use another dozen socks in my drawer but I'd like to also successfully complete a sweater for myself--either re-doing the Morehouse Merino Laceweight Cardigan or having another try at the Elizabeth Zimmermann Green Sweater or February Fitted Sweater.

      No comments: