Thursday, January 29, 2015

What's in Progress

Although I haven't had much knitting time lately, I have been better about sneaking in a row or two of knitting here and there.

I did manage to finish the first Girl on Fire sock
The yarn is a very intense, bright fuschia Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet that was a CookieA Sock Club selection a while back. I wasn't as fond of the patterns that were recommended for this particular yarn so am using a different Sock Club pattern instead. I suppose that balances things out somehow.

My currently active sock project is Drogon, another CookieA Sock Club pattern. The yarn is Cephalopod Yarns Skinny Bugga. The color is a difficult to describe dark brown with reddish/purple undertones, named Tyrian purple. I hadn't used this yarn before and really like the definition it gives the twisted stitch pattern. I've started the heel flap of the first sock. This project should be my first Finished Object of 2015. I'm hoping that I'll get it knocked out in the next two weeks or so to stay on track for the 15 in 2015 goal with Haldeblog.


No comments: