Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Book Over, Knitting Commencing

I have finished reading The Regulators. I was rather surprised to discover that it has a happy ending. I can't say that I recall ever reading a happy ending in a Stephen King book before, but it was a fitting ending and a good one. There was an earlier place in the book where an ending could have been made that would have been more typical of Mr. King's work, but this ending better suited the characters involved.

So, now that I've gotten the book out of the way, I'm ready to get back to my knitting. Since I need goals to help motivate me, I am resolving to finish the Critter Knits by Valentine's Day. I don't think I'll get them mailed to arrive at Niece and Nephew's house by Valentine's Day, but I will get them done by then. As a reward for meeting my goal, I'll finish my Queen of Cups sock and then get back to Errold's Grove while I ponder the next project....

Will it be the second Slippin' Stripin' Sock from Sock Madness? Will it be fixing the hole in the bottom of a pair of older socks? Will it be finishing the Boy Socks (still haven't re-done the toe on the first sock)? Will I finish one of the other UFOs (like the Blueberry Sweater)? Or will I start something completely new?

No comments: