Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm In LUST!!!!

Well, I suppose that's appropriate, given that today is Valentine's Day. I was going through some of my stash today and found eight skeins of bright green Naturespun Worsted. This was a gift to me probably ten years ago. It's far too bright for my tastes, but it should be easy enough to tone it down with a bit of overdyeing. A darker green should do the trick. Ideally this would be overdyed while in the skein, rather than after knitting.

The object of my lust is not, however, the yarn. It's the Nantucket Jacket by Norah Gaughan. The pattern is published in the Winter 2006 Interweave Knits. I found it while looking through Ravelry at projects being made with Naturespun Worsted. When I got out the magazine, I discovered that I'd even started making notes on the pattern about what yarn I might use, though I did not apparently consider the use of stash yarns, based on the notes I'd made. I may or may not choose to make the sleeves full-length or 3/4 length. I'm not sure I would like elbow-length sleeves.

In order to keep myself from starting yet another project while leaving the Critters unfinished, I'm going to use the Nantucket Jacket as a reward for the ongoing decluttering my house. Jared Flood at Brooklyn Tweed talked about reward carrots in his most recent blog post. He's using a cone of cashmere yarn from School Products as his carrot. I may actually end up getting rid of some cones of yarn to get to my carrot. Delaying the start will also give me time to figure out what color to use for overdyeing the yarn and get the dye ordered. Perhaps I'll get the sweater finished by next fall.

No comments: