Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blogring!

Well, I've officially done it. I've now taken over the Fiber Arts Bloggers blogring. The previous owner, Joni, had a baby recently and decided that she probably wouldn't have time to manage the blogring on top of managing a new baby. She asked for volunteers to take over and I decided to go for it. Fortunately she left me some wonderful guidance on how to manage things. With any luck I won't botch things up too badly. I did manage to get a new blog set up for it. I suppose I ought to update the ringcode on my own blog page here. DOH! I did at least remember to change the URL for the ring's website, so that's a start.

Anyway, if you're interested, please consider joining the blogring! All you need to do is have a blog that involves fiber arts (knitting, crocheting, spinning, quilting, lace-making, embroidery, etc.), to include the ring code on the front page of the blog and to have at least one new post per month. The blog should be non-commercial. Certainly if you're a fiber-business person who is also blogging, that's great and absolutely welcome. No solely commercial blogs/sites, please.

Knitting Progress
I worked on the fuschia sock last night. Now that I'm about an inch away from the toe shaping, I'm wondering if I need to rip the sock back and start on fewer stitches. I was pretty sure that this yarn was fingering weight, but it's definitely heavier than that. (I have absolutely no recollection of even buying this yarn, never mind remembering what brand it is.) The sock is quite dense and a bit on the large side. The yarn may well bloom a bit when washed, however, so I'm reluctant to give up until this sock is finished and washed.

No comments: