I have finished the first of the Zombie Socks. I'll cast on sock #2 shortly. I still don't know that I won't get eliminated in Round 1, but I'm a whole lot more motivated to work on these socks than I was over the weekend. The knitting ennui is definitely over now. I'm really glad that the Baylor Ball Bands is a fairly slow bracket.
The pattern is very clearly written, though I did need to translate from 2 circs to 4 or 5 dpns. At first I thought the leg was a bit shorter than I usually knit, but now I'm not so sure. It's a stretchy stitch pattern with the dropped stitches. At first I thought it might be too stretchy and too loose, but it isn't at all. It fits very well. I'm very pleased with this pattern and will certainly knit it again.