Friday, February 15, 2008

Casting On!

Today is the day to cast on the Peacock Feathers Shawl with the informal KAL group. I'll actually just start my swatch. That counts as casting on *something*, right? I guess that means I need to get out of my comfy chair now and go find a size 4 needle. (Update: It would appear that I don't *have* any size 4 circular needles available at the moment. Looks like I'll be going shopping in the morning.)

Sock Status
I am about 2/3 of the way through the foot of the 2nd sock. Barring any distractions or disasters, I should have a new pair of socks this weekend.

Last weekend I also started re-knitting part of the foot of a separate pair of socks. I don't know what I did to these poor socks, but I ended up with a hole on the top of the foot one day after I wore them to work. I didn't think there was anything sharp in my shoe and those shoes have never put holes in any other socks, so I'm not entirely certain what happened. Anyway, the socks were knit with a German sock yarn whose name escapes me. (No, it was not Regia or Opal.) I used Sword Queen's Elegant Ribbing sock pattern. Her site is now gone, but the stitch pattern can be found on page 45 of Barbara Walker's Charted Patterns book. It's based on 2x2 ribbing, but the ribs cross over each other periodically, making a lattice effect. I'll take a picture when I get the sock done.

Speaking of Socks.....
I have sent e-mail signing up for Sock Madness 2. I don't know if I'll get in. I know I probably won't survive much past the first round of the "competition", but this will certainly be motivating me to knit more socks.

1 comment:

~RaenWa~ said...

Oh that shawl looks beautiful I left an award for you on my blog stop by when you get a chance