Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sock Madness!

Well, the brackets are going up. It's official. I'm in Sock Madness 2. This does solve my "problem" of figuring out what sock pattern to knit next rather neatly. I'll have to finish up my blue sock this weekend and get it out of the way. I don't expect to survive past the first round, with my current amount of knitting time, but it'll be fun anyway. I already had the materials for one of the patterns in my stash. I'll try to substitute the rest. Perhaps I'll sit down this weekend and sort that out.

Peacock Shawl
Still nothing going on with the swatch. I think I've lost interest in this project for the moment. With relatively small amounts of knitting time at the moment, it might be a better idea to work on something not quite so time intensive. I don't want this project to take two years to finish. Perhaps after Sock Madness ends I'll re-consider. I also still have the Freedom Sweater to rip out as well.

Spinning Spinning Spinning
I have been working on the Blue Moon merino/tencel roving in Sea. It is spinning up very very fine, which I think is at least partly due to the amount of pre-drafting I did and partly due to the fiber itself. The tencel tends to not draft as easily as the merino, but I can get it to spin up evenly if I pay attention to what I'm doing. I had intended to make a 2-ply sock weight yarn, but this will probably have to be 3-ply to be sock weight. Then again, I may decide to make a 2-ply lace weight yarn for a stole or shawl. In any event, I've got plenty of time to decide what the yarn wants to be. It's going to take a loooooong time to spin my way through all of the roving.

No comments: