Thursday, October 02, 2008

Candy Corn! Candy Corn!

Ok, so that doesn't sound quite as good in a song as "Lollipop! Lollipop!", but it's close....

I have started Candy Corn Bag #1. It's about 2 inches tall at the moment. The bag is knit from the top down, so it'll actually go faster the further along I'll get. I really like projects whose rate of completion has a positive acceleration. In another 28 or so rows, I'll change colors to orange. I'm not looking forward to the I-cord handles, but I haven't yet tried to come up with an alternative. Perhaps I'll just make a braided or twisted cord instead.

Sock Pattern Developing
While at lunch on Tuesday, I wrote a sock pattern. I just started to test knit it today. I was too braindead to manage Queen of Cups this evening, but could manage to do some K1, P1 ribbing, so I did. There are several more patterns rattling around in my brain for socks and even for sweaters, plus my little red notebook of ideas from the past ten years. I'm trying to decide if I want to sell patterns or submit them for publication or both. If I decide to sell them, do I want to do that off my own website or from Etsy? If I start doing sales, at what point do I need to deal with sales and income taxes? (I'm going to guess that it's as soon as I start taking money.) Questions, questions. Details, details. In the absence of any answers at the moment, I'm going to just design away (and testknit away), then make some decisions once I have at least three or four patterns to mess with. Conservatively, I think I can produce one sock pattern a month (written and test knit). Now I just need to figure out how to get all the other knitting/spinning done at the same time.

If only I could fold time and space like they did in Dune....

No comments: