Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Have Resisted!

It was a close call. I actually got out my favorite drop spindle and a bin full of prepared fiber, but I put it away later that same evening without opening it.

Since I was able to resist spinning, I did get quite a bit of knitting done. I am now up to the toe shaping on the first Bellatrix sock. And I have decided that it's too big in circumference in the leg/ankle area. It's going to end up all slouchy and droopy. I don't like slouchy, droopy socks. I like socks that are rather more snug than these. So I'm frogging them. The yarn will become Pomatomous socks instead.

Poo.

Murphy's Law of Knitting
Now that my sock knitting project is waiting to be filled, I really don't feel like knitting socks at all. That's not exactly true. I want to knit lots of socks. I just don't want to knit any of hte patterns I have with any of the yarn I have at the moment. I really want a pair of Monkey Socks and a pair of Pomatomous, for example. I just don't want to work on them with any of hte yarns I currently have. Then, I really want to knit with my Unique Sheep Verve, but not any pattern that I have. *sigh*

Time to leave it alone for a few days. I'm clearly being far too fussy right now to pick something out.

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

Maybe all you need is a week or so in spinning land to get your mojo back. Resistance is futile, they say.

That said, I neither spun nor ran today -- but I got a bunch of grading done. Sheesh.