Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now the Bargaining Begins

So, yesterday I decided that I'd keep myself limited to 2-3 knitting projects at a time: one sock project, one larger (probably sweater) project and one "bonus" project to enable me to participate in KALs, etc. Now I'm negotiating with myself to increase that to 3-4 projects so I can have a consistent shawl/stole/lace project. And then there are the two sweaters I intend to knit for my niece and nephew for Christmas. Plus the Morehouse Merino critter hats, scarves and mittens. Maybe Holiday knitting needs to not fit into that 2-3 or 3-4 project plan.

*sigh*

Time to go knit. Maybe this will all sort itself out while I'm gone. I need to make progress getting projects finished and yarn used up. There's waaaaaay too much stuff in my house, including fiber. Maybe I'll give it until the end of the year and see how much progress I make, then decide in early 2009 if I need to just do some de-stashing.

Scarves
I always thought I was the only person who knitted scarves but never really expected or intended to use them. Apparently, I am not alone. Oftroy at Golden Apples also questions her sanity when she knits scarves, but still continues to succumb to them. (They *are* a good project to use up odd skeins of yarn and to try out new stitch patterns...)

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I know the feeling of limiting what you are knitting. I have 2 places to keep wips and I have started training myself to just keep 2 projects on the needles at a time.

On the scarf issue. I have about 20 knitted scarves. I like in SC, our winters of later are 2 weeks of wearing coats (10-20 degrees at some point in the day) and the rest of the time you can barely wear a jacket much less hats and scarves.

We do keep the house so cold in the summer though that if the celing fan is on I need fingerless gloves while knitting or typing some days.