Monday, September 08, 2008

Is it a bad thing?

I can't remember if I'm counting the additional repeats of rows 57-60 or the total repeats. I think it's additional. I may have to do the math to figure it out. That could be dangerous. With my math skills, there's a definite chance that the number I calculate will, in fact, be incorrect, which will wreak havoc with the subsequent knitting if I change what I'm doing to match the incorrect figure. I dunno. My brain is tired. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

The Shawl/Stole Knit Along Decision
I have decided to hold off on MS4. I'm not up to knitting a beaded stole at the moment and I haven't got a good idea yet for whom I would knit it. It's clear that this is not a project for me to wear/use. On the other hand, I'm definitely going to cast on Secret of the Stole 3 in the next week or two. That puts me about 4 weeks behind everybody else at the moment, but that's ok. I think I'll use a size 5 needle with my J. Knits Lace-a-licious. No, I'm not going to swatch. I'm just going to dive right in. Well, that's what I say right now. We'll see if I keep my nerve!

The Next Project Pondering Continues....
I'm thinking I need to knit a sweater for me this winter. I have the yarn and pattern for at least three different wool sweaters for me (not counting the Samuel Charis kits). Well, I'm short one pattern since I still haven't purchased Zimmerman's The Opinionated Knitter, but I do have the yarn and pattern for Knit Picks' Fibonacci Pullover and for the Paton's Must Have Cardi. Now I just need to decide between a cardi and a pullover. I'll let my subconscious mull that one over for the next few weeks while I finish Errold. (What do you bet my subconscious decides on a completely different project!)

The Returning Project
Sock Boy has informed me that he mailed the first sock back to me today. It ought to arrive by the end of the week. In the next couple of weeks I'll get the toe re-knit and send it back for a second fitting. Hopefully the second time is a charm and I can get a start on the second sock. I will manage to take better notes about the first sock so I can reproduce it reliably. I actually found my knitting notebook a few weeks back. Perhaps I ought to utilize it more often than once or twice every few years.....

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

I hope you will enjoy knitting the Secret of the Stole III. Don't forget to enter the contests that you are still eligible for...Enjoy!